An open frame touch monitor is a display that its touchable screen is fitted in an enclosure without a bezel. Its enclosure can customize to suit different needs and fit the whole monitor into different machines. Open frame monitors are often utilized for: touch screen kiosks, ATMs, retail machines, entertainment, industrial applications, and education applications. Open frame monitors are available in various sizes and resolutions.
The touch monitor allows the user to operate the host as long as he gently touches the icons or text on the display screen with his fingers, which eliminates keyboard and mouse operations and makes human-computer interaction more straightforward. It is mainly used for information query in public halls, offices, electronic games, ordering songs and dishes, multimedia teaching, air ticket/train ticket pre-sale, etc.
The core of the touch display lies in the touch screen, and the essence of the touch screen is a sensor, which is composed of a touch detection component and a touch screen controller. The touch detection component is installed in front of the display screen to detect the user’s touch position, and after receiving the position information, it is sent to the touch screen controller; the main function of the touch screen controller is to receive touch information from the touch point and convert it into a coordinate and sends is to the CPU, and at the same time, the commands sent by the CPU can be received and executed. According to the type of sensor, touch screens are roughly divided into four types: infrared, resistive, surface acoustic wave, and capacitive touch screens.
Before you ask a supplier for touchscreen monitor customization, you should make clear 5 things: Application Scenarios, Size, Touch Technology, Aspect Ratio, Operating System, Connection Ports, and Budget.
- Application Scenario: You should make clear to your supplier about where you will use the touch monitor: Indoor or Outdoor and What kind of machine or cabinet you will integrate the touch monitor with: ATM, vending machines, gaming machines, factory facility, digital kiosk machine, etc. and where the monitor will be displayed: office, classroom, museum, airport, etc. All these factors will help the supplier to make decision about how to design the features and performances of your touch monitors.
- Size: You should make your desired size as precise as possible. Common sizes of touch monitors fall into the range: 7 inches to 52 inches (and larger). Both the screen and frame size (outside dimension) should be taken into consideration. And if necessary, the touchable active area of screen should be considered too. Appropriate touch monitor size is decided by the device or machine the monitor will be fitted in, how big the space it will be placed in, and how many people will use or see it at the same time.
- Aspect Ratio: In addition to size and application scenario, you should also consider the aspect ratio when choosing a touchscreen monitor. Aspect ratio refers to the ratio of the monitor’s width to its height. 4:3 was once the dominant aspect ratio for monitors, but most modern monitors including touchscreen ones use an aspect ratio of 16:9 nowadays.Touch Technology: infrared, resistive, surface acoustic wave, and capacitive touch screens.
- Touch screen technology is generally divided into four types: infrared, resistive, surface acoustic wave, and capacitive touch screens.
Infrared technology touch screen is cheap. It enables high sensitivity and stability but its outer frame is fragile and may cause picture distortion in the case of a curved surface. It can be used indoors or outdoors. It has good anti-light interference and good anti-explosion performance. Infrared touch screen is completely enclosed, adaptable to harsh environments , so it can be completely maintenance-free after installation. It is suitable for teaching all-in-one machines, game interactive equipment and other large-sized equipment.
Capacitive technology touch screen design concept is more reasonable, but its image distortion problem is difficult to be fundamentally solved. It is easy to drift and prone to partial damage. When in operation, the human body becomes part of the circuit, fingers with gloves don’t work. It has high demands on humidity, temperature, grounding and other environment requirements. It is suitable for points of sale, hotels, restaurants, bars, financial self-service terminals, information query systems, announcement release systems, interactive education systems, etc.
Resistive technology touch screen’s positioning is accurate, but its price is high. It features waterproof, anti-pollution, anti-scratch, low light transmittance, low temperature dullness. It is suitable for industrial control products, personal portable products. Surface acoustic wave touch screen solves various defects of the previous touch screens. It is clear and not easy to be damaged, and is suitable for various occasions. The disadvantage is that if there are water droplets and dust on the surface of the screen, the touch screen will become dull or even not work. It is suitable for short run product because its transmitter is fragile and maintenance is required.
- Operating System: You should make clear your preferred operating system: Windows, IOS, Android, etc. If you look for a replacement for you old version of monitor, the operating system is even more import to be checked and confirmed in case the new ones will not be compatible with the old machines.
- Connection Ports: Most monitors come with several different ports to connect with other devices. These ports include VGA, HDMI (High-definition Multi-Media Interface), and DVI (Digital Visual Interface) connectors. You should confirm what connection ports you need.
- Your Budget: It is very important to offer the confirmed budget for your touch monitor so that supplier can decide what technology and design can better satisfy your needs.
- Samples or product pictures and videos: If you look for replace your old failure monitors, you can prepare a sample or detailed product photos or videos.
- Your customer’s project start time and when do you need the goods to be ready (our general customization cycle is 15-30 workdays, including the time for design, proofing, communication and production, and the logistics time ranges from 6 days to 1 month, depending on the logistics : Railway, Shipping, DHL, UPS, etc.)
- Other specification for notice:User may want a monitor with at least a 75 Hz, combined with the lowest response time (refresh rate). Refresh rate is particularly important for gamers, so most gaming monitors have a refresh rate of at least 120 Hz. It all depends on its user scenario.
Last you must select a reliable and professional touch monitor supplier. It should be expert at touch technology, has enough production capacity and help you achieve your business success.
Founded in 2010, Top One Tech has been a global leader in touch technology and a world-leading supplier of touch technology, products and industry solutions since then. Top One Tech’s product portfolio includes touch screens, touch monitors and touch all-in-one PCs to meet the stringent requirements of different industries including casinos, banking, industrial automation, medical equipment, point-of-sale, retail displays and transportation applications.