A customer from Colombia needed to customize a batch of touch monitors to be installed on slot machines. After many times of communication, and in-depth analysis of customer needs, combined with the customer’s test feedback, the size of the touch monitor suitable for the customer’s machine model was finally confirmed, and the customer placed an order for the touch monitor in batches and finished their project successfully.
The client is a Top10 slot machine manufacturer in Colombia. It not only has its own factory, but also has independently operated casinos, occupying a very large market share in the gaming industry.
The slot machine is one of the most widely used devices that touch monitors are applied to. Each slot machine is equipped with a display screen. On traditional slot machines, the screen is not for touch. Players operate external joysticks or buttons to realize control of the screen. Now, with the development and promotion of touch technology, touch screens have replaced traditional screens along with the original button operation. The touch monitor can support one-point-touch and multi-touch, and the player can directly touch the screen, which is simple and fast, and the user experience is much better.
The size and structure of each slot machine are different, which also determines the need to choose touch monitors of different sizes and structures. Therefore, it is very necessary to fully understand the details of the slot machines used by customers before design and manufacture.
This customer has been in contact with us since 2019. We also provided touchscreen samples for this customer at that time. Through the first cooperation, we established a long-term partnership. Two years later, the customer came to us to customize and place the first touch monitor order.
Customer Requirements Analysis
We had provided complete touch solutions for many casinos before, so after we understood the customer’s product application scenarios, combined with our years of casino game machine and slot machine touch monitor manufacturing experience, we provided customers with a 23.8-inch customized solution for touch displays.
The process of customizing communication with customers is as follows:
- The customer contacted us and looked for 23-inch touch monitor that can be installed on the cabinet of the slot machine. After understanding their needs, we made a 23-inch touch monitor sample for the customer and sent the sample to the customer for testing.
- According to customer first test feedback, the size of 23 inches was not fully fitted in the slot machine cabinet.
- We continued to recommend another 23-inch touch monitor. After testing this product, the customer was still not satisfied, and reported it did not match the slot machine too.
- After second feedback, we conducted an in-depth analysis with the customer on the slot machine of the customer, and finally found the problem. It turned out that most overseas customers call all the 23.6-inch and 23.8-inch touch monitors uniformly 23-inch monitors, which caused the error in the final physical installation.
- Because the customer was in a hurry to use this batch of monitors, we finally discussed and confirmed that 23.8-inch touch monitor is the most suitable one for the customer’s actual application scenario. And it happened that another custom-made 23.8-inch touch monitor with narrow borders fully met this customer’s requirements.
- We also set a detailed delivery schedule for the customer, dispelling the customer’s worries about the delay of delivery, and finally sent the sample to the customer for testing for the third time, and the final customer feedback was very good, the sample perfectly fitting the slot machine cabinet, and they directly confirmed the bulk order.
In addition to the problem of size, the customer also complained about the color of the display screen. After the customer received the sample, he found that the chromatism the screen displayed on the touch screen was not obvious and the color rendering is pastel, and immediately reported this problem to us. After analysis, it was found that it was actually caused by the customer’s lack of understanding of the chromatism of the screen. We took two sets of photos with Apple mobile phones and other ordinary mobile phones for customers to compare the display effect of the photos on the mobile phone screens. The screen of Apple mobile phone is an original screen, and the picture presented is soft and clear. However, the screen of an ordinary mobile phone is spliced screen, the color difference being obvious, so it looks very bright. This is actually a poor-quality screen and it is not friendly to the eyes. In the same way, because our touch monitor screen is also an original screen, the presentation effect is very standard and high-definition, and it is better for the eyes. The customer was also very convinced by our explanation and confirmed the order.
After the expedited production of multiple production lines, the order quantity required by the customer was successfully manufactured on the agreed date. The manufactured touch display finally passed multiple tests such as aging test, sensitivity test, and color test, so that the product quality was guaranteed. Finally, all products are packed and transported to the dock to be shipped to customers.
During the whole process, from the customer’s requirements receiving, the customization of the product, testing, adjustment, re-testing, to the customer approval, we always adhere to the purpose of service-oriented, do not miss any details. As long as you come to us, we will definitely provide you with personalized touch solutions.
About Top One Tech
Founded in 2010, Top One Tech has been a global leader in touch technology and a world-leading supplier of touch technology, products and industry solutions since then. Top One Tech’s product portfolio includes touch screens, touch monitors and touch all-in-one PCs to meet the stringent requirements of different industries including casinos, banking, industrial automation, medical equipment, point-of-sale, retail displays and transportation applications.